Previous NCASA Sarbaugh Leadership Award Recipients
2019 | Jeff Hollamon
2018 | Glenda Jones
2017 | Frank Till, Jr.
2016 | Dr. Rodney Shotwell
2015 | Dr. Dudley Flood
2014 | Jo Ann Norris
2013 | Donald L. Martin, Jr.
2012 | Dr. James Casuby
2011 | Dr. Larry Price
2010 | Mr. Jack Hoke
2009 | Ms. Melisa Jessup
Nominations for the 2020 Raymond Sarbaugh Leadership Award Winner are Due December 2!
NCASA’s Raymond Sarbaugh Leadership Award is given annually to an individual who has shown outstanding leadership in public school service as well as commitment to enhancing and supporting the efforts of NCASA on behalf of his or her fellow school administrators. The award is named for NCASA’s first full-time Executive Director, the late Raymond Sarbaugh.
Nomination Process and Eligibility*
- Nominations may be made by LEAs, RESAs, Partners in Higher Education and individual members.
- Nominee must be a current or retired school administrator or NCASA member.
- Nominee must have made significant, documented contributions to enhancing and supporting the efforts of NCASA on behalf of their school administrator colleagues.
- Nominee must have shown outstanding leadership in public school service.
- Nominee must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the NCASA office on or before the posted deadline (provided yearly on application).
The NCASA Executive Committee will review the nominations at their December at the committee’s quarterly meeting, and the winner will be announced at NCASA’s Annual Conference on Educational Leadership the following spring.
Nominees will be recognized at NCASA’s Annual Conference on Educational Leadership. The winner of the award shall be announced during this recognition, and news of the award will be shared statewide in NCASA’s newsletter. NCASA also will share news of the award in a press release provided to pertinent statewide and local media outlets.